Start working API-first
Prevent breaking changes, improve quality and ship faster. Optic's tools help your team build the right API, the first time.
Open Source & Free
Optic's free and open source tools make it easy to adopt OpenAPI. It's free!
Generate your initial OpenAPI from traffic
Track API changes with OpenAPI
API Diffs in every Pull Request for easy API Review
Frequently asked questions
- What do you count as a 'contributor' for the Team Account?
- A contributor is defined as a developer on your team who triggered Optic's CI job by opening a PR or committing code. Unique contributors are counted once per organization and are not double-counted if they work in multiple repositories.
- Does Optic Cloud enforce limits?
- We know teams organize their API specs and code in many different ways, that is why the Optic CI Platform has no limits on the number of OpenAPI specs, API endpoints, repositories or CI runs. We charge by developer seats and keep everything else uncapped.
- What parts of Optic are open source? What is paid?
- The tools that help you adopt OpenAPI is free and open source. The Optic CI SDK and runner is open sourced here. Optic's paid SaaS solution makes it easy to integrate Optic CI and API changelogs into your existing GitHub/GitLab workflows. We plan to continue building helpful collaborative features (like Google docs style commenting / suggesting changes) into the platform, you can read our roadmap here.